What’s New at Grand Timber
Letter from the General Manager
We are in the midst of a truly spectacular summer! As locals frequently say, you come to Breckenridge for the winter, but you stay for the summers. We have enjoyed the beautiful sunny days, comfortable nights, and bountiful outdoor activities that make this true.
Even as schools start to prepare for another year, summer in Breckenridge is just beginning to hit full stride. Epic Discovery, formerly known as the Peak 8 Fun Park, continues to operate their full slate of summer adventures, including their famed zipline tour! In the past two years, the town has added 5.6 miles of new bike trails to the maintained network of 47.3 miles. The vast trail system has quietly made Breckenridge a mountain biking mecca that can be enjoyed well into the fall. A comprehensive map of this network can be found at here.
At the end of June, we experienced a 21-hour power outage at Grand Timber Lodge. The outage was caused by a motor vehicle accident that caused extensive damage to the local power grid. Thank you to the owners and guests who were with us during this time as we worked to continue providing Grand vacations without our usual tools. Since the outage, we have been developing new protocols and installing new systems to help in similar circumstances. Although we will not be able to power even a small fraction of the resort, we have tried to provide backup power to key communications systems.
We hope that you will have the opportunity to enjoy a massage in the new Refresh Massage Studio! The new spa space is open and accepting reservations online at www.refreshgrandtimber.com or by phone at 970.547.3624. Weekly specials continue to be available, so stop by and enjoy a world class massage!
Here is a taste of what else has been happening around the resort:
- The fire suppression system in Buildings 3 and 4 has been replaced. The new system includes a nitrogen generator to ensure the longevity of this life safety system.
- Engineering has completed the installation of new 55” TVs in the master units. As part of this effort, the existing 42” TVs were relocated into the studios. They are also in the process of upgrading to BluRay players throughout the units!
- Activities has introduced a new scavenger hunt that explores some more hidden features of Grand Timber Lodge. Please stop by and enjoy this new activity on your next visit.
- A collection box has been placed in the lobby for unused food. On your next visit, take what you need and leave behind what you do not.
- We welcome your feedback and suggestions on how to make Grand Timber Lodge a better place for you and your family. You may always send ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Grand Timber Lodge, General Manager